Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Reaction Theory for Pedestrians

Bob Tribble got stranded in Texas and Bertulani is giving a talk about his own work instead. It was an honest account of the problems underpinning nuclear astrophysics from a reactions point of view. I kind of started to understand what the spectroscopic factor means, and how the extrapolations used to determine this value can be dangerous. I also learned from Bertulani where we will go when we die: " to the continuum", and according to him, "The continuum sucks". I have to think about that when I put my head on the pillow later tonight. Anyways, the presentation was nice and accessible for non-experts in the field.

1 comment:

  1. One of the most understandable and entertaining talks on nuclear theory ... although I'll probably need to watch the theory movie again, in slow motion.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment