Tuesday, August 3, 2010

from nuclei to neutron stars

the second talk in the afternoon started with a philosophical outline reminding the instructions at the PASI web site on how to prepare a talk. What we have done? Why it´s important? What are the open questions? ... I´ve just learn that the EoS is a useful tool. But the question is still open: What´s the relation between the neutron skin and neutron star? I know I have the answer somewhere inside my brain (pause to recall the last talk)

IANM, ChPT, BHF+TBF ... all these abbreviations could go to the jargon index in the wiki page.

I will take a look on her EoS in arXiv: 1002.0146 [nucl-th]. I want to ask how would be possible to measure the neutron skin of 208Pb with an accuracy of 0.05 fm, but I will ask her later. The final slide showed her main point: using consistent microscopic ingredients in the many body theory is the key to predictive power for structure or reaction. ok ... I got it! (thanks David Chamulak)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment