Wednesday, August 4, 2010

modeling fission fragments via monte carlo analysis

Perhaps the title of this post would have been a better title for Evandro Andrade's talk, by length standards anyway. But that's a title for another post. Evandro described efforts made with the fission modeling code CRISP to analyze fragment-mass distributions for heavy nuclei. Admittedly it was hard for me to pull much from the talk, but I do not fault Evandro as he only had 10 minutes to speak and there was little to no coverage of his topic in the introductory talks.

What I did learn is that actinide nuclei have 3 fission modes, two which are asymmetric and one which is symmetric. I also learned that Beamer produces mighty fancy presentations and I think I may give it a try in the near future, if I'm feeling ambitious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment